Team buildings are very helpful not only for students to enjoy and get to know each other more, but also, it can make them feel they're welcomed to peers, develop their trust and self-esteem, and grow their faith to God. (You can check out for more team building games I've created here.)
Some students are just pressured and confused in life. They really need proper guidance and good advice. Having this activity will break the ice, and bar a boring routine as students. (Well, students say that.) Save your students, not soon, not tomorrow but now.
Here are the sample games that you can use. Facilitators should process the valuing portion of every game so it will lead to a more worthwhile experience.
Flow of the games:
1. I am Blessed Game (individual game)
Participants will just complete this phrase “I am blessed because ________________________________________________.
- The ones who said with same statement will be separated from the group for consequence. ( he/she will actually receive a gift)
- Anyone can’t complete the statement for 10 seconds will also be separated from the group.
- The twist is, those who have completed the statement will be the ones to sit down, while those who are separated will continue the game.
- There will be another round for those who are separated until there’s only one left.
- And for this round, anyone who can’t complete the phrase will be eliminated.
- The one who’s left will be proclaimed as a winner.
2. Paint Me a Picture (group)
- The group will be asked to paint a picture through unique and sensible portray.
- Each team will be given 5-10 minutes to plan everything, until called to start.
- Judges will decide which team will win.
3. The Christian Survivors (group)
The aircraft is about to crash but some parachutes are not working anymore. In order to accommodate all passengers, your group should only bring 7 things. As Christians, if there are seven deadly sins, there are also 7 useful things.
- Participants will be given 10-15 minutes to discuss with a group.
- Each team should think of 7 useful things as part of Christianity and plane crash survival.
- The group will choose a leader to lead the presentation.
- Judges will decide which group will win.